Thursday, January 2, 2014

Interview with Krista Grotte



Today's interview is with award winning actress Krista Grotte.  Originally from Minneapolis, this happily single lady has appeared in 18 films and has won multiple Best Actress awards in addition to being a very successful model!


How did you get your start in modeling?

I started after my first movie role. The film "Filthy" was a great success in the film fest circuit and I was approached for Interviews and photos on set. Of course, I was playing a childlike inbred transient, so it was all about the character, a dirty southern girl with pigtails. When I say dirty, I literally mean dirt.  I was also advised to build a website at the time to promote my work, so I quickly learned how and I did.  From there I received many modeling opportunities and I continued both film and modeling separately and promoted them together online. 


Tell me some of the things you love about it?

I love that modeling is really acting I also found it fascinating in still photography, the more painful the pose, the more natural the shot turns out. I love dressing up or down, preparing for the shoot (wardrobe, diet, fitness) meeting different people/networking and exploring different places. 


What would You say, is your biggest accomplishment in your career so far?

I have a few that I am proud of, however, I am most proud of my role in "Emerging Past". I literally put
myself through hell mentally and physically for that part. I received accolades and sh*t at the same time for looking so rough in the movie, goal accomplished. That is what Acting is about, delivering that character's experience. Modeling is strictly about being as sexy as possible. I got my confirmation that I made the right choice when I won Best Actress at the Full Moon Horror Fest in Nashville.



Is their anything you haven't done yet in modeling that you still hope to do one day?

Right now I wish to focus on fitness modeling. I have some goals listed.


Who are some of your favorite photographers to work with?

There are many but my favorites are Daniel Andres, Playboy Photog. Bo Hitchcock (RIP Bo), Fitness Photog Rob Sims and Claude Taylor...to name a few.


Any funny stories you have while on a shoot?

I call it "boner on the beach". Two different instances with weird men coming out of nowhere like seagulls. We went to shoot on a secluded beach when an old man popped up behind the dunes. I could clearly see his comb over blowing in the wind. Then another popped up, then another. I told my photographer, so much for a secluded beach, they see a thong a mile away.



Any projects you are working on right now?

I have a couple of films I am working on and just finished shooting "Lazarus" out 2014


What do you think you would be doing if you weren't a model?

I still do everything I enjoy doing. Acting, writing and Public speaking.


What are your hobbies?

Weight training



What would be something your fans would be surprised to know about You?

I am a total book nerd.


If you had one talent that your friends would say you were good at, what would that be?

Psychiatry. 


What would you say, is the best feature on your body?

My hips



Please check out Krista's website for more!  http://www.kristagrotte.com

No comments:

Post a Comment