Monday, June 10, 2013

Interview with Abigail Ratchford



I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to interview the beautiful Abigail Ratchford.  I say that, not only because She is both stunning and talented, but it shouldn't be long before She is a household name.  I expect to see Her popularity explode in the coming months, with print and TV exposure, and Ill get to watch her and say that I actually talked to Her! LOL

Abigail is 21 years old, and hails from Scranton PA, the fifth of seven kids.  As you will read, She is well on Her way to stardom.



How did you get your start in the modeling industry?

I did the miss PA pageant a few years ago, and got pics taken. I was comfortable in front of the camera and afterwards I received a lot of messages from people asking me to be a model for brands, ads etc. I did it on and off for two years and then this year I decided to get serious. I was approached by a manager who manages well known girls in Maxim, Playboy, TV shows, a lot of household names. From then everything changed, He sent me to Maxim casting for a TV show, a movie coming out with DMX this fall, and booked me for 2 spreads in International Maxims this Summer.  That's when I realized this was something I wanted to take seriously.


How long have you been modeling?

On and off about 3 years total.


Is this something you want to make your career or is this a spring board for bigger and better things?

For now I am absolutely making this my career, then transitioning into acting. Modeling is a very age driven industry. I know that. I am going to have this as my career as long as I can and then take it from there.



I know you are moving out to California soon, Is this for more modeling opportunities or just a change of scenery?

This is a move for my career. I cant go to castings and auditions from where I live unless I drive two hours to NYC, And my manager has even more castings in LA. I pretty much had to do it plus I'm super excited for the new scene and experience.


I heard you will be doing an audition for a TV show, what is the show called?

They are bringing back E!’s Wild on !


Is this your first time venturing into television projects?

Yes. I'm going to take acting classes, dialect classes etc. You think auditioning for a TV show is easy when u are just hosting it and supposed to be yourself, but its really not as easy as I thought, especially with zero experience.



Your popularity seems to have exploded in recent months.  Was their one thing that caused it or an accumulation of events in your career?

I think it was kind of a Domino Effect. I think that a few major things were me being on Bar stool Sports, Bro bible, Smoking Jacket, Sports Illustrated’s site the first time, and apparently my pics got a ton of feedback so I was asked to do the Memorial Day Feature a few weeks later. Those events were times I noticed I picked up a lot of fans.


What would be the ultimate goal for you to achieve in your career?

There are a lot of magazines I hope to get in that I have on my bucket list ha ha but really My goal is to get to the point where I can set my own price to even show up to a shoot, signing etc, and have that price never be questioned.


If you weren't modeling, what do you think you would be doing?

HMM id probably own my own business, or maybe go to culinary school because I have really gotten into cooking lately.



Tell Me something people would be surprised to know about you?

I have horrible handwriting. Everyone thinks girls are supposed to have beautiful handwriting but mine is like a 7 year old boys ha ha u cant even decipher it.


What would you say, is the best feature on your body?

HMM on my body, believe it or not I will say my stomach or waist area. It always stays flat no matter if I'm 10 lbs up or down, and I have pretty good abs for not being a gym freak. And I have a good waist to hip ratio.


Do You have any hobbies?

Cooking, yoga, traveling as much as I can.



Anything else you would like to add?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Continue to support and follow me as I embark on my career and big move to Hollywood in a month!! Thanks again!!


You can find much more Abigail at the following links:

http://www.officialabigailratchford.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAbigailRatchford?ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/AbiRatchford

http://instagram.com/abigailratchford

No comments:

Post a Comment